The Customs and International Trade Department, located in Paris and Brussels, provides a wide range of advisory and national and EU litigation services to its clients, in the field of customs law, indirect taxation and international trade regulations:
- Tariff classification, Customs valuation, Origin of goods: binding tariff and origin information (BTI, BOI), valuation information, adjustment rates, transfer pricing…;
- Import VAT;
- Clearance procedures and particular customs regimes (warehouse, inward processing…);
- Indirect taxation;
- Excise duties on alcohols, tobaccos, energy products (naturel gas, oil, electricity …);
- Green taxes;
- Assistance in the implementation of Free Trade Agreements;
- Assistance for market access standards, requirements of compliance for accessing the European market (EC marking, REACH, CITES…);
- Trade defence instruments: anti-dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguard measures investigations;
- Export controls (dual use goods, EAR, ITAR), international economic sanctions.
In close coordination with other departments and desks of DS, especially in Canada, Latin America, Asia (China, Vietnam…), Africa and MENA, the team supports its clients in the implementation of their international projects worldwide.
Our team has a great knowledge of customs proceedings, of the various customs authorities (DGDDI, European Commission, WCO, WTO), and of the competent national, EU and international judicial authorities.
DS Customs and International Trade team follows and monitors closely all legislative and political developments in this field. For more information, please visit DS Avocats website: https://www.dsavocats.com/fr_par-en/service/customs-law-and-international-trade